While the TIOmarkets brand is quite new, we’ve been marketing in the forex industry for a long time. And while time is an important factor, so is the ability to learn quickly and to adapt to new market conditions.
Google is updating its algorithms on an increasingly regular basis, and Facebook is constantly updating its community rules on what is allowed and what is not allowed when it comes to forex trading and CFDs. So, are there any constant and reliable tips any more that can be used for finding new traders?
We all know that new traders equal new payouts for our partners. So we would like to extend the olive branch to you with some little nuggets of information that we hope will bring you success with your referrals, turning this into a win-win case scenario.
Tip no. 3: Ad relevance
If you are using Google or Facebook ads to drive traffic to your website, now is the time to do a thorough audit of your ads.
Sometimes starting with some of the most obvious pain points will reveal areas for improvement. Check the following points and ensure your ads stick to a protocol:
- Does all relevant content fit into the character limit offered within the ad? Make sure that your content isn’t overlapping into the unknown where it can’t even be read by the viewer
- Is your ad content keyword-rich? Make sure that the keywords relevant to your brand are filling your ad, as this is what is going to determine whether it appears or not to potential site visitors
- Are you using attractive artwork in your ads? While this will not apply to all ad formats, if you are using artwork, we suggest that you try to avoid using stock footage. By all means, it’s ok to purchase artwork but make sure that it’s an original and powerful image that is likely to catch the viewer’s eye rather than bore them or put them off
- Does your ad lead to a landing page that has direct relevance to the ad that the viewer just came from? Avoid drop-offs by making sure that the link leading away from your ad is still relevant to the viewer. By doing so, this will also improve your ad score and reduce the likelihood of your ad to get rejected.
Tip no. 2: Use your database
Chances are that you’re already sitting on a goldmine but you didn’t even realise it. If you have data that has been submitted to you (legally and honourably), then you can use this data in various formats to help drive business.
- Retargeting. Large platforms such as Google, Facebook and others, provide the option for retargeting. By plugging a database into the system it may be possible to show ads to your potential clients. This is a gentle way to remind people of your brand without pushing too hard and without the hard sell. You’ll want to make sure that any messaging or artwork that you use for your retargeting is attractive and converting.
- Email. Email can be an extremely powerful tool but only if used correctly. Think of it as a machine gun – it has the potential to hit multiple targets at the same time, however, if it’s used carelessly and indiscriminately, you can end up losing people! Our top tips for email are to use it sparingly and to use it to share valuable information – not for a hard sell. For instance, email your database with some important news about the financial markets or another piece of information that is sharable and which is relevant to your brand. Keep your calls to action subtle and always offer the option for anybody in your database to unsubscribe.
- Meetups and events. It might be that your database is already very engaged with your brand and wants more. Local meetups and events are a good way to engage even more with your clientele. By getting to know them better and by creating a community of supporters, you strengthen your brand exponentially.
Tip no. 1: SEO
If you have heard of SEO and thought it wasn’t important, it’s time to pull up those socks and think again. An SEO-optimised website is the cheapest way to drive organic and relevant traffic to your website. Forget about buying databases and leads from the back of a truck and start thinking about how you can appear above all your competitors in Google rankings for people that are searching for your keywords.
- Use a high-quality keyword search tool and ensure that your Headings (or your H1’s are jam-packed full of keywords that your potential clients might be typing into their phone or laptop keyboard
- Ensure that your websites have key-word rich content on each page. Check through your website pages and go through each heading and paragraph with a fine-tooth comb. Does your content answer the question that your visitors are asking? Can you update your content with more relevant information? Can you explain what you are trying to convey in more depth, thereby using even more keywords?
- It might be worth using a plagiarism tool to ensure that you haven’t copy-pasted any content from another website. If Google picks up the fact that you are using content from elsewhere, your website could be penalised.
For more support and for your own personalised marketing resources you can sign up as a partner to TIOmarkets today.
Access a range of high-quality and converting banners as well as landing pages and other materials that you can use to convert your clients. See you in the partners portal!