A time/price reversal system that is always in the market.
- It is a trend following system
- SAR stands for Stop and Reverse
- Works well in trending markets – useless in trading ranges
Notice as prices trend higher, the rising dots below the price action tend to start out slower and accelerate
In a downtrend the same thing happens, but in the opposite direction.
Parabolic SAR looks like dots on a chart.
- Buy signals given when upper SAR was hit (arrows 1 and 2).
- Whipsaw at arrows 3 – 4 indicated trading range with Buy signal acceleration as price advanced in new uptrend.
Parabolic SAR on monthly charts can be used to track the primary long-term trends.
- The SAR is a delayed system since the SAR number is available only on the next period.
- Each day/period the stop moves in the direction of the new trend.
- At first, movement is slow but accelerates as the trend becomes more established.
A time / price reversal system that is always in the market.
- Prices trend higher, rising dots below price
- Prices trend lower, falling dots above price
TIOmarkets offers exclusively consultancy-free service. The views expressed in this blog are our opinions only and made available purely for educational and marketing purposes and do NOT constitute advice or investment recommendation (and should not be considered as such) and do not in any way constitute an invitation to acquire any financial instrument or product. TIOmarkets and it’s affiliates and consultants are not liable for any damages that may be caused by individual comments or statements by TIOmarkets analysis and assumes no liability with respect to the completeness and correctness of the content presented. The investor is solely responsible for the risk of his/her investment decisions.
The analyzes and comments presented do not include any consideration of your personal investment objectives, financial circumstances or needs. The content has not been prepared in accordance with any legal requirements for financial analyzes and must, therefore, be viewed by the reader as marketing information. TIOmarkets prohibits the duplication or publication without explicit approval. FX and CFDs are leveraged products. They are not suitable for every investor, as they carry a high risk of losing your capital. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.